To raise standards of protection of children rights in Ukraine to the level of UN convention on the rights of the child guidelines as well as to promote social and humanitarian initiatives of the Association members.
Teenagers’ Social Adaptation in Correctional Facility2016-02-29 12:02
“The number of people who ruined their own lives
is much larger than the number
of people whose lives were ruined by the others.”
Place of Project Implementation: the Pryluky Juvenile Correctional Facility of the State Penitentiary Service of Ukraine (Chernihiv Oblast).
Time of the Project Implementation: 2015 – 2020.
• Teenagers who are serving their sentences for the committed crimes;
• Family members and relatives of the teenagers who are serving their sentences.
One of the teenagers’ punishments for a committed crime is imprisonment. Teenagers sentenced to imprisonment reside in penitentiary institutions for further correction and re-education. However, according to statistical data, many of the offenders recidivate after having completed their terms.
• Formation of teenagers’ life principles and values, as well as personal interests;
• Arousing interest in studies and work;
Teaching them skills to survive in society
• Providing psychological support with regard to correction of criminal behavior;
• Promotion of financial and housing improvements, removing negative social attitudes against ex-offenders;
• Mending broken fences with the family.